Sunday, February 7, 2016

You Yourself and I



all their arrows are pointing in 
their eyes can't see beyond the end of their own nose

they have a love for the letter "I" but never a second thought for the letter "U"

they forget that the world revolves around the sun

they'll tell you that "self" always comes before "ish"
and should never be followed by "less"

and I before Everyone else, except after they Cee that conceited spends Friday nights alone 




I watched a friend walk down the halls creating her own storms 
and she came complaining when it started to rain

and I'm sorry but you should know that a life that's all about you

well, that's all you'll end up with

yourself




5 comments:

  1. Too many good lines to pick a favorite. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Want to write stolen after every line - so so good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. To express selfishness, couldn't have been put together more incredibly. This poem is short, and to the point. Yet beautiful, and full of so much meaning. I love this, and you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was absolutely amazing. Loved every line. I want it all.
    "I watched a friend walk down the halls creating her own storms
    and she came complaining when it started to rain"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dang Girl! We got a poet in the house.
    Amazing post. Straight truth!
    #Quality

    ReplyDelete